|Green chili enchilada casserole|
8-10 (or whatever you have to spare) frozen chicken tenders (canned chicken would work too)
1 large can of Victoria's green enchilada sauce.
1 small can of sliced olives
some Taco seasoning(maybe a package amount) I used the large container you get at Costco
fresh garlic or garlic powder
1/2 large onion (chopped)
chopped green pepper
1/4 tsp cumin (optional)
8 corn tortillas
2 cups of shredded pepper jack cheese
I sauteed the frozen chicken tenders in olive oil. Added onion and green pepper. Sprinkled with some taco seasoning. (as much as you like) added cumin.
* poured some green enchilada sauce from the can. Just to moisten the chicken mixture. Pour a little sauce in the bottom of a 13/9 in casserole pan.
* Place about 4 tortillas in the bottom of the pan.
* pour a small amount of green sauce to moisten tortillas
* pour half of the chicken mixture on top - I sprinkled some Taco Seasoning on chicken mixture with black olives
* layer with a good handful of cheese. About 1 cup
Repeat - use the rest of the ingredients - don't forget the taco seasoning on top layer
* 350 oven for about 20-30 minutes. Last 10 minutes add chopped green onion if you have them on hand.
This turned out really good. Most of the ingredients you might find in your food bank bag. Easy to make a smaller casserole. Can play around with this - by adding canned corn, or hominy.
And for those who are not food bankers - you can UP the quality by making your own green sauce and taco seasoning mix. There is a lot of PLAY here.
This comfortably fed 3 adult men and me. I served up a small can of re-fried beans, and leftover white rice (as not to waste it)
I hope you enjoyed it and let me know what changes you made. (Of course you can do the same with a red enchilada sauce too. But this was what I had on hand last night.)