|my feeble attempt at hamantashen|
- 3 cup flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 3 eggs
- your choice of filling (jam, jelly, preserves, chocolate chips, nuts). The recipe also included directions for a prune filling: blend raw prunes in a food processor, adding the juice and rind of one lemon and 1/2 C honey for every pound of prunes used.
|They look better here - still not taking them|
- Sift together flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- Mix in butter and eggs.
- Roll out dough and form hamantashen (I've got step by step visuals on this below).
- Bake on a well-greased cookie sheet or on parchment paper for 12-15 minutes at 400 F.
Read more: http://www.cupcakeproject.com/2009/03/hamantashen-recipe-tips-to-make-perfect.html#ixzz1oflx3qQM