Signs of Complusive Debting from DA
Signs of Compulsive Debting
1. Being unclear about your financial situation. Not knowing account balances, monthly expenses, loan interest rates, fees, fines, or contractual obligations.
2. Frequently "borrowing" items such as books, pens, or small amounts of money from friends and others, and failing to return them.
3. Poor saving habits. Not planning for taxes, retirement or other not-recurring but predictable items, and then feeling surprised when they come due; a "live for today, don't worry about tomorrow" attitude.
4. Compulsive shopping: Being unable to pass up a "good deal"; making impulsive purchases; leaving price tags on clothes so they can be returned; not using items you've purchased.
5. Difficulty in meeting basic financial or personal obligations, and/or an inordinate sense of accomplishment when such obligations are met.
6. A different feeling when buying things on credit than when paying cash, a feeling of being in the club, of being accepted, of being grown up.
7. Living in chaos and drama around money: Using one credit card to pay another; bouncing checks; always having a financial crisis to contend with.
8. A tendency to live on the edge: Living paycheck to paycheck; taking risks with health and car insurance coverage; writing checks hoping money will appear to cover them.
9. Unwarranted inhibition and embarrassment in what should be a normal discussion of money.
10. Overworking or underearning: Working extra hours to earn money to pay creditors; using time inefficiently; taking jobs below your skill and education level.
11. An unwillingness to care for and value yourself: Living in self-imposed deprivation; denying your basic needs in order to pay your creditors.
12. A feeling or hope that someone will take care of you if necessary, so that you won't really get into serious financial trouble, that there will always be someone you can turn to.
I was taught that Memorial Day was for remembering the military men and women, who died serving our country. My parents remember it...
SOURCE; PINTEREST This is what I want to see when I look out my living room window. That's the goal. Hopefully, in the n...
Miss Buster, in her younger days I thought I would jump on this blog hop today since it was about cats! My senior cat, Miss Buster ...
BEFORE Tomorrow between 8am and 10 am, I am having my sofa and loveseat professionally cleaned. $178. I checked around and this seem...
Looks like more rain in the forecast. We've had a week or more of beautiful warm spring weather. The husband mowed the lawns - the ...
Introducing Starship The area I raised my family until 2008, was the Silicon Valley. Back then, we referred to it as "The Penin...