Signs of Complusive Debting from DA
Signs of Compulsive Debting
1. Being unclear about your financial situation. Not knowing account balances, monthly expenses, loan interest rates, fees, fines, or contractual obligations.
2. Frequently "borrowing" items such as books, pens, or small amounts of money from friends and others, and failing to return them.
3. Poor saving habits. Not planning for taxes, retirement or other not-recurring but predictable items, and then feeling surprised when they come due; a "live for today, don't worry about tomorrow" attitude.
4. Compulsive shopping: Being unable to pass up a "good deal"; making impulsive purchases; leaving price tags on clothes so they can be returned; not using items you've purchased.
5. Difficulty in meeting basic financial or personal obligations, and/or an inordinate sense of accomplishment when such obligations are met.
6. A different feeling when buying things on credit than when paying cash, a feeling of being in the club, of being accepted, of being grown up.
7. Living in chaos and drama around money: Using one credit card to pay another; bouncing checks; always having a financial crisis to contend with.
8. A tendency to live on the edge: Living paycheck to paycheck; taking risks with health and car insurance coverage; writing checks hoping money will appear to cover them.
9. Unwarranted inhibition and embarrassment in what should be a normal discussion of money.
10. Overworking or underearning: Working extra hours to earn money to pay creditors; using time inefficiently; taking jobs below your skill and education level.
11. An unwillingness to care for and value yourself: Living in self-imposed deprivation; denying your basic needs in order to pay your creditors.
12. A feeling or hope that someone will take care of you if necessary, so that you won't really get into serious financial trouble, that there will always be someone you can turn to.
Good Morning ~ It's Sneak-Some-Zucchini-Onto-Your-Neighbor's-Porch-Day Looks like this guy wasn't good at the sneaking...
SOURCE: Pinterest The beautiful sunshine and warm weather have me, dreaming of decorating, gardening and landscaping. It's frust...
It's better than what it looked like before - so I'm pleased. I haven't dropped off the face of the earth - time just got...
It's that time of year again - when I make this special dessert cookie. So good - I really should try and make it more often - He...
Persimmon Bread Two 9-inch Loaves Using the higher amount of sugar will produce a moister and, of course, sweeter bread. Adapted...
I will add black planters across the 3 sections, eventually. I'm in HEAVEN! My picket fence is almost done. Just need the gate. ...