But hey, you're going to find out sooner or later - and I'd rather you find it out from me!
These are bogus awards, started by someone, somewhere and probably are sitting back cracking up over how it has devoured the blogoshere.
CONFESSION: When I first started blogging years ago, my first award was the Sunshine Award. I was quite pleased and thought, WOW I'm starting to make an IMPACT. I had visions of making money hand over fist, with millions of followers. I made a few contacts and that was that.
Rules to Accept the Sunshine Blogger Award:
1) Thank the person who nominated you and write a post about it.
2) Answer 10 questions below.
3) Pass the award on to 10 or 12 bloggers you enjoy, link to their blogs, and let them know you nominated them.
That same week I was awarded the Versatile Blogger Award - Now this was one, I could really sink my teeth into. After all, at this time I had 2 blogs, I was juggling. Yes, I am versatile...but how did they know????? I had only a few followers????
Chief (my navy-husband) gently s p e l l e d it out for me. I didn't want to believe it at first but later saw that it was just a fun game, bloggers like to play. Bottom-line, it didn't mean diddly-squat.
I honestly don't mind it. (Sometimes) I just wish there was some money involved. The rules vary but here are the ones going around now:
- Display the Award Certificate on your website
- Announce your win with a post and link to whoever presented your award
- Present 15 awards to deserving bloggers
- Drop them a comment to tip them off after you’ve linked them in the post
- Post 7 interesting things about yourself.
|there's this one|
Then there is a coveted Liebster Award. Come on now, by the sounds of it, it must be REAL. I'm thinking some German blogging scholar - started this award. And this sounds like some MONEY or maybe since I am nominated, I can actually win something, like a car or a trip?
|and this one.|
Honestly this is the most annoying one. I heard it referred to once like a bad chain letter, that won't stop. It just keeps on giving...sometimes one right after another.
Started by a German blogger, meaning "dearest".
It started out with only naming 3-5 bloggers back in 2010 but now it's grown to 11. First it was to bloggers with 3000 followers - now its down to 200. I mean, someone wanted that award BAD!
The RULES as of April 2013
- Post the award on your blog
- Thank the lovely blogger(s) who gave you the award and link back to their site(s)
- Post 11 random facts about ourselves
- Answer 11 questions that the presenter of the award has asked us
- Nominate 11 new bloggers with fewer than 200 followers that we want to pass the award on to
- Ask our nominees 11 questions
All joking aside - they are fun and I've met many nice blogger-friends throughout the years. Enjoy them for what they are and do what you can.
Next: I'm starting my own award soon. We'll see how THAT goes.