Monday, February 4, 2013
Signs of Complusive Debting from DA
Signs of Compulsive Debting
1. Being unclear about your financial situation. Not knowing account balances, monthly expenses, loan interest rates, fees, fines, or contractual obligations.
2. Frequently "borrowing" items such as books, pens, or small amounts of money from friends and others, and failing to return them.
3. Poor saving habits. Not planning for taxes, retirement or other not-recurring but predictable items, and then feeling surprised when they come due; a "live for today, don't worry about tomorrow" attitude.
4. Compulsive shopping: Being unable to pass up a "good deal"; making impulsive purchases; leaving price tags on clothes so they can be returned; not using items you've purchased.
5. Difficulty in meeting basic financial or personal obligations, and/or an inordinate sense of accomplishment when such obligations are met.
6. A different feeling when buying things on credit than when paying cash, a feeling of being in the club, of being accepted, of being grown up.
7. Living in chaos and drama around money: Using one credit card to pay another; bouncing checks; always having a financial crisis to contend with.
8. A tendency to live on the edge: Living paycheck to paycheck; taking risks with health and car insurance coverage; writing checks hoping money will appear to cover them.
9. Unwarranted inhibition and embarrassment in what should be a normal discussion of money.
10. Overworking or underearning: Working extra hours to earn money to pay creditors; using time inefficiently; taking jobs below your skill and education level.
11. An unwillingness to care for and value yourself: Living in self-imposed deprivation; denying your basic needs in order to pay your creditors.
12. A feeling or hope that someone will take care of you if necessary, so that you won't really get into serious financial trouble, that there will always be someone you can turn to.
Needs picking up but it's home I never see my home this way. From the hill in our backyard. My son took this photo - Cute little h...
This is from the blog You Know it Happens at Your House too . The instructions are as follows: Welcome back to the TGIF Blog Hop, hos...
We're fine - to read more go to my personal life blog https://mymorningcupofcoffee.blogspot.com/2018/07/the-carr-fire.html
If you haven't watched any of Clara's Depression Era Videos on You-tube, then you are in for a treat. This Italian grandmother sh...
Yesterday I finished painting the laundry room. I still have the trim and baseboards to do - I'll do that after the washer/dryer comes. ...
I shared this on my Facebook page last year - what a keeper that needs to be kept and filed away for that things to do list... No...